Title: BUSINESS TAXES ADMINISTRATOR I, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00 Posted: 02/07/2013
Under the general direction of the District Principal Compliance Supervisor (BTA II), the BTA I is responsible for a variety of compliance, audit, and administrative functions. The BTA I manages and controls vital district day-to-day operational functions performed by rank and file staff at the Tax Technician, Business Taxes Representative, and Business Taxes Compliance Specialist classification levels. These operational functions include: reception, registration, outreach, advisory services, clearances, security, cashiering, return preparation/e-filing, delinquencies and permit revocations, collections, administrative activities relative to enforcing applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and overall office administration and support. As part of these operational functions, the BTA I directs staff to conduct investigations, analyses and evaluations of taxpayer-provided documents, books and records, and financial documents. The incumbent integrates and applies practices, policies and procedures across both compliance and audit functions. The BTA I also has the responsibility to motivate, train and develop staff and monitor employee performance. Meeting the training requirement for this position may require overnight travel for up to five consecutive nights. Position may become permanent. This position requires the incumbent to be fingerprinted. This position is located in a high-rise building.All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
In addition to the Standard State Application (STD. 678), no more than a two-page typed response to the following questions must be submitted with your application.
1. Describe any experience you have relating to leading staff, training staff, team building, and directing the work of staff engaged in compliance activities. Give examples of your involvement in reviewing, guiding and directing the work of others to carry out compliance policies and procedures. In your response, describe the level of responsibility and the steps you took to carry out the duties.
2. Summarize the extent of your knowledge of and/or experience with escrow demands, security refund documents, and use tax exemptions. Give examples of your involvement in these processes and your level of responsibility with analyzing, reviewing, and/or approving these types of requests.
3. Summarize your experience pertaining to collection of sales and use taxes. Describe specific experiences in collecting from business owners.
4. Describe your vision in creating and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
5. Provide specific examples of speaking engagements and writing opportunities.
Applications submitted without a completed questionnaire and application will not receive further consideration for this position.
290 - 053 - 4335 - 950
Final Filing Date:
SUTD/Riverside District 3737 Main St., Ste. 1000 Riverside, CA 92501
Ernest Fudge (951) 680-6715
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.