Title: SUPERVISING TAX AUDITOR I BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00 Posted: 02/07/2013
All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Under the general direction of the District Principal Auditor, the Supervising Tax Auditor I will independently supervise Tax Auditors who report to the Riverside District office. These Auditors conduct field audits relating to the various business taxes programs administered by the BOE. The Supervising Tax Auditor I plans, assigns, and evaluates the workload for these audits. Meeting the training requirements for this job may require overnight travel for one or more days. The position is located in a high-rise building. All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION QUESTIONS STA I:
This questionnaire is designed to assist in reviewing your qualifications for the position. Applications submitted without a completed questionnaire will not receive further consideration for this position. Please limit your response to no more than two (2) pages.
1) STA I’s oversee a crew of about 12 field auditors ranging from new auditors to senior auditors. In order to assist them, the STA should have a wide range of sales and use tax audit experience. Describe your audit experience, including the type of industries you have audited. Please attach a copy of your history of “transmitted audits” for the last two years. This report can be run by your supervisor on AUD AS.
2) In addition to auditing, how has your experience prepared you for the duties of Supervising Tax Auditor I in terms of supervisory skills, technical skills and extra duties?
3) What set of skills and traits do you believe are important to successfully perform at the Audit Supervisor I level?
4) How has your experience prepared you to meet these expectations to become a successful Audit Supervisor?
5) In the Riverside District, we set goals for our auditors by classification in the areas of audits transmitted, hours per audit, aged accounts and charge back rate. Once you have determined the goals for your auditors, what would be your plan for guiding them to meet these goals?
6) If an employee was falling behind in terms of aged accounts, quantity or quality of work, what would be your plan for guiding them toward being a productive employee?
7) Why do you want to be an audit supervisor?
290 - 053 - 4280 - 950
Final Filing Date:
SUTD/Riverside District 3737 Main St., Ste. 1000 Riverside, CA 92501
Ernest Fudge (951) 680-6715
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.