Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,466.00 Posted: 05/14/2013
Come join the team of IT professionals working at CDCR’s Strategic Offenders Management System (SOMS). The SOMS project will replace or integrate most of the current CDCR Information Technology (IT) and paper-based offender management systems into one system with one data repository and extend the availability of the system to thousands of new users statewide.
This position is located in Rancho Cordova at 1920 Birkmont Drive, a park-like campus setting across from the Folsom Lake Auto Mall. Parking is FREE and we are nearby the outdoor Folsom Premium Outlet Mall, in close proximity to Interstate 50, light rail, vast array of eating establishments, and within minutes of Folsom’s Historic Sutter Street.
If you are interested in becoming part of a diverse workforce where talent, experience, and expertise are valued, we invite you to apply for the employment opportunity.
Under general direction of the Project Manager, DPM IV and/or Sr. Information Systems Analyst, the Staff Information Systems Analyst serves as primary reviewer and quality control analyst for all Enterprise Information Services (EIS), Strategic Offender Management System administrative functions.
Specific duties include but are not limited to, This is an expert level position and the SISA must have extensive knowledge of data processing concepts, practices, methods and principles, particularly for information technology (IT) acquisition practices. In addition, the incumbent must have substantial knowledge of the phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle as implemented within the EIS and knowledge of project management industry, trends, best practices, and standards. The incumbent applies this knowledge to SOMS project procurements and initiatives and imparts this knowledge to project managers and team members. The incumbent is expected to possess advanced knowledge of the State procurement and contracting processes in order to facilitate SOMS project acquisitions.
The incumbent has an in depth understanding of the State budgeting process, legislative and administrative procedures, contract and procurement documents and procedures, licensing issues, and the roles and responsibilities of oversight and regulatory agencies such as the Department of General Services (DGS), Bureau of State Audits, and the Department of Finance (DOF). The incumbent is an advisor in applying this knowledge to secure resources, expertise and approvals for large scale information technology solutions.
PLEASE WRITE Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) 065-625-1312-004 in the JOB TITLE SECTION OF YOUR STATE APPLICATION (STD 678). All methods of appointment may be considered for this position. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
ALL HIRES ARE SUBJECT TO HIRING FREEZ AND/OR BUDGET APPROVAL
Specific duties include:
30% Information Technology (IT) Acquisition Coordinator.
• Coordinate and facilitate the preparation of SOMS IT Contract documents, including Statements of Work, Information Technology Acquisition Plans, Solicitation Documents, Non-Competitive Bid Justifications, Evaluation Criteria, and contract amendments.
• Coordinate and facilitate the preparation of SOMS IT Procurement documents, including Purchase Orders for the acquisition of stand-alone hardware and software.
• Monitor the progress of all SOMS IT acquisition requests and escalate to CDCR executive management as appropriate.
• Maintain/renew hardware maintenance and support agreements.
• Maintain/track/renew software support and verify/validate version control of operating system and special purpose vendor supplied application software and licenses.
• Creates and maintains a working environment that encourages mutual cooperation between SOMS Project team and EIS staff.
30% Conduct Verification and Validation of all CDC IT Acquisitions and Provide Administrative Oversight for SOMS.
• Provide Independent Quality Control and Quality Assurance Review of CDCR SOMS IT acquisition documents submitted to the Agency Information Officer for approval. Provide Validation and Verification that all relevant Information Technology best practices are applied in the acquisition documents.
• Review, interpret, and advise on current state procurement regulations, and provide consulting/mentorship to CDCR staff.
• Develop IT acquisition strategies, methodologies, and standards.
• Train and mentor on best practices in SOMS IT Acquisition, and provide expertise as appropriate.
20% Project Plans and Schedules
• Develop project plans and schedules.
• Manage project resources.
• Respond to changing project needs and requirements.
• Report project status and deviations from approved schedules.
• Develop Feasibility Studies, Special Project Reports, and Post Implementation Evaluation Reports as needed.
• Make presentations to all levels of CDCR Management as well as groups outside the CDCR.
10% Methodologies, Standards, Training and Others
• Lead and participate in the development of methodologies and standards.
• Participate in formal and informal training programs to strengthen analytical skills and knowledge of methodologies, techniques, tools and packages.
• Demonstrate proficiency with the available tools, methods and procedures to complete assignments.
• Understand, follow and educate others in CDCR’s Configuration Management Policy.
• Participate in EIS and Section meetings and team meetings/activities.
10% Department Liaison with Control Agencies, Auditors, Legislators and Consolidated Data Center
• Serve as a department liaison with the Department of Technology Services, Department of Finance, and Department of General Services for specific areas of responsibility.
• Provides information and data for legislative hearings.
• Acts as coordinator for all audits which impact SOMS IT Acquisitions, including the Bureau of State Audits, Department of General Services and the Department of Finance.
• Reviews SOMS IT purchasing documents to ensure compliance with DGS standards.
• Prepares and/or monitors status reports to ensure projects or initiatives are completed according to schedule and within the approved budget.
ALL HIRES ARE SUBJECT TO HIRING FREEZE AND/OR BUDGET APPROVAL
Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist)
065 - 625 - 1312 - 004
1920 Birkmont Drive
Final Filing Date:
Enterprise Information Services 1920 Birkmont Drive Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.