FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR III, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $6,779.00 - $7,847.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Director, Personal Income Tax (PIT) Billing and Collection Bureau, the incumbent is responsible for the Personal Income Tax (PIT) Collection Response and Resolution Section. The Section operations consist of responsive PIT account resolution to taxpayers who contact the department through telephone or written correspondence. The reactive collection program operations are achieved through four Administrator IIs, 19 supervisors and 223 collectors and lead staff. In addition, to achieve greater efficiency in the Section’s operations, the incumbent will participate in enterprise work groups. The incumbent may also support or manage enterprise or divisional projects. The Section operations are conducted in a working environment where employees, taxpayers, practitioners, and stakeholders are treated fairly and with respect.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to engage staff in a collaborative way to empower them and create a positive work environment.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, build productive teams and lead others through change.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and manage multiple workloads and priorities.
- Knowledge of FTB operations and the interrelationships of the FTB.
- Knowledge of departmental policies, principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic, and demonstrated ability to be open-minded, fair and objective.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
- Knowledge of ARM Division operations and collection program experience.
- Experience managing a large contact center.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental questions:
The ARM Division collection functions are an integral part of the FTB’s business operations. As a Section Manager within the ARM Division, your duties will encompass your participation in enterprise work groups and you will also make decisions that considerably impact the Division. With reference to these duties, please describe:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Jacquelyn A. Griffin at M/S A-470. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- A situation in which you provided input to an organization-wide project.
- What was the input? To whom did you provide the input? What type of impact did the input have? How was the input received? What was the result?
- An experience in which you had a limited amount of time to make a difficult decision with significant organizational impact.
- What was the decision? How did you go about making it? What factors did you consider? Who did the decision impact? What was the outcome/result of your decision? Were you satisfied with the result, why or why not?
- For each question, include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|ARM Division Section Manager
||564 - 633 - 4352 - 001
|PIT Billing & Collection Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
|Jacquelyn A. Griffin
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.