FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST)
Salary: $4,619.00 - $5,897.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the direction of the ARCS Systems Test Supervisor and Leads, the incumbent functions as a System Test Analyst developing and implementing Test plans for issues in accordance with user requirements. As a member of the Compliance Systems Bureau (CSB) Testing Team, you will join a collaborative, multi-disciplined group that provides a variety of services to support the Accounts Receivable Management Division. You will be responsible for analyzing, reviewing, planning, executing, and documenting the test conditions and results to validate changes to the various tax collections systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Assistant / Associate Information Systems Analyst classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Ability to perform detailed analysis, define technical problems and recommend effective solutions
- Knowledge of operating systems, applications, networking components and their interrelationships
- Ability to work with system analyst and users to seek effective improvements during the SDLC
- Skill to work with others to identify problems to seek improvements in Information Technology (IT) and other work processes
- Skill to communicate effectively in writing and orally in a courteous, professional manner
- Ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to perform job tasks during stressful working conditions (e.g., tight deadlines, heavy workload, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively, self motivated, and multi-task with a positive attitude
- Experience in using Microsoft desktop applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Willingness to adjust work schedule to meet operational needs
- Knowledge of the Testing Life Cycle
- Ability to develop and implement test plans for the least complex issues in accordance to user requirements. This includes writing test scripts and scenarios, estimating costs and time frames, determining test objectives and expected results
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
If interested, please submit a completed Standard State Application (STD 678) and resume.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Muna Yan at M/S A-211. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
|System Test Analyst
||564 - 787 - 1470 - 001
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSISTANT INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST $3,106.00 - $4,903.00 |
|ARCS System Test Unit
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.