Under the supervision of the Administrator of the Statewide Assessment Transition Office, and working cooperatively with program units and managers throughout the department, the incumbent independently coordinates and assists in performing tasks that support California's transition to a new assessment system.
• Work in a team environment to: coordinate and participate in activities related to the reauthorization of California’s statewide student assessment system, including California’s transition to the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) and the Common Core State Standards; monitor and participate in the development of SBAC assessments; and monitor contract activities, critically evaluate and provide feedback on deliverables, and make recommendations for improvement.
• Develop program resources, and prepare and present formal and informal presentations, for a variety of audiences. Provide general and specialized program assistance to, and respond to requests for information from, a variety of stakeholders and audiences such as local, state, and federal educational agency staff, parents, students, legislators, and members of the media.
• Write State Board of Education information memorandums and meeting items. Analyze legislation, and analyze and develop policies and regulations. Develop and implement requests for proposals, and coordinate the proposal review process. Prepare budget change proposals.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment.
• Experience with administering assessment, accountability, or curriculum programs.
• Experience with contract implementation and monitoring.
• Experience working with special student populations such as English learners.
WHO MAY APPLY: Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement). All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in box 12 “Explanations” on the Standard Application Form (Std 678). Employment provisions as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration's State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a State Application (Form 678) and resume to:
Jessica Valdez, Administrator
Assessment Developmentm Administration Division
1430 N Street, Room 4409 Sacramento, CA 95814
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: February 21, 2013
||174 - 570 - 2656 -
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
EDUCATION PROGRAMS ASSISTANT $4,314.00 - $5,239.00 |
|Final Filing Date:
|Assessment Development & Administration Division
1430 N Street, Room 4409
Sacramento, CA 95814