THIS VACANCY MAY BE RESTRICTED TO STATE SROA/SURPLUS & GEN RE-EMPLOYMENT CANDIDATES. TRANSFER AND REINSTATEMENT CANDIDATES MAY BE AND TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT ASSIGNMENTS MAY BE CONSIDERED. IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT A COMPLETED STATE APPLICATION FORM (STD 678), A RESUME, (AND A COPY OF YOUR SROA/SURPLUS LETTER). APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AND/OR RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 11, 2013. PLEASE REFERENCE BF10617 ON APPLICATION.
The Medical Provider Network (MPN) unit in Corporate Medical Division – Monterey Park has openings for Senior MPN Representatives. The challenging fast paced and exciting positions will require the incumbents to coordinate, assess, and ensure the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the State Fund Medical Provider Network. The MPN Representative will serve as a business liaison to medical vendors, monitor network programs, and implement enhancements as deemed necessary. Create, foster, and maintain an effective working relationship with all State Fund employees and programs, outside vendors, State Fund policyholders and brokers, legal and medical community, and the State Division of Workers’ Compensation.
Successful candidates must have:
• Proficient knowledge of California Workers’ Compensation Labor Code, laws, rules, and regulations
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively; verbally and in writing, with all levels of management
• Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time while handling multiple priority items
• Claims experience with MPN, Cost Containment networks and Utilization Review procedures
• Working knowledge of State Fund standard software applications including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Electronic Claims Files (ECF), Oracle, Visio and PowerPoint
• Ability to formulate policies, procedures, workflow processes, and write reports
• Ability to work independently, and as a team with co-workers and management to address and resolve issues
• Model strong communication, governance and compliance conduct
• Incumbent must be able to travel to various work sites and locations, travel may occasionally be for extended periods
Senior Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster
402 - 469 - 9326 -
Final Filing Date:
Human Resources 2275 Gateway Oaks Dr Sacramento, CA 95833
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.