Title: BUSINESS TAXES SPECIALIST I, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,328.00 - $6,476.00 Posted: 01/29/2013
All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Under general supervision, the incumbent independently conducts the most difficult and complex audits, typically consisting of the largest industrial corporations; makes audit appointments; meets with taxpayers and their representatives; explains the audit findings; prepares appropriate audit reports, and performs other related duties. This position may be required to rotate into an audit review position. Meeting the training requirements for this position may require overnight travel for up to five consecutive nights. Possible multiple hires.
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION QUESTIONS:
This questionnaire is designed to assist in reviewing your qualifications for the position. Applications submitted without a completed questionnaire will not receive further consideration for this position. Please limit your response to no more than two (2) pages.
1) BTS I’s audit larger more complex businesses, which may include Fortune 500 companies and similar size governmental entities. Please list examples of your experience auditing large or complex businesses. Include the company, type of business, hours to complete and major or complex issues addressed.
2) Auditing larger businesses requires a good knowledge of working with electronic data and statistical sampling. Please list examples of your experience; include use of a computer audit specialist and the type of transactions and samples used. Please include any details on how you decided to pull or segregate large samples.
3) Since BTS I’s audit large businesses, they tend to become aged. Please describe some of the challenges you have encountered and the procedures you used to complete your audits in a timely manner.
4) BTS I’s conduct special projects for the department, teaches classes, and prepares written advice for taxpayers. Describe your experience in these areas.
5) Describe your qualifications and strengths that you feel would set up apart from the other candidates applying for this position.
6) Please attach your history of transmitted audits for the period January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2012. Your supervisor can run this report on AUD AS. In addition, please attach copies of all charge backs received in 2011 and 2012.
290 - 053 - 4380 - 004
Riverside District Office
Final Filing Date:
Riverside District Office 3737 Main St, Ste 1000 Riverside, 92501
Ernest Fudge (951) 680-6715
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.