FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF PROGRAMMER ANALYST (SPECIALIST)
Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,466.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Data Processing Manager II and/or technical lead, the incumbent performs complex / more complex computer technology programming and system documentation activities for the Withholding @ Source System (W@SS). The incumbent operates with a high degree of independence in analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance and implementation of the complex automated systems supported by the W@SS team. The incumbent is also responsible for identifying and recommending technology solutions to implement business requirements using industry and FTB standards. The incumbent works in a team environment with programmers, testers and business analysts to perform system development life cycle related to W@SS maintenance, enhancements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge and experience of system development lifecycle and methodologies (e.g Waterfall, Rapid, Agile, spiral)
- Knowledge and experience of various object oriented programming languages (e.g C, C++, C#, VB.Net)
- Knowledge and experinece working with web application development using .Net 2.0/3.5 framework, and design web services
- Ability to interpret data models (e.g Entity Relationship diagram) to develop an application using MS-SQL 2005/2008
- Ability to work and prioritize multiple projects and /or assignments concurrently and complete with in the established timeframe
- Ability to work independently and maintain constructive, cooperative working relationships
- Ability to communicate orally and written information and/or ideas to technical and non-technical members
- Experience using MS Team Foundation Server
- Familiarity with current IT technologies, tools and methodologies (i.e.Sharepoint, ITIL)
- Knowledge of application deployment methodologies to develop and perform migration/deployment tasks (e.g., data conversion, release management)
- Knowledge of IT testing concepts (e.g, unit testing, regression testing) to ensure the application functions as designed
- Ability to design data models to meet system requirements
- Familarity with Enterpise Architecture and SOA, and its standards and processes
- Ability to create technical documentation to for new or revised system to meet business/system requirements
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
If interested, please submit a completed Standard State Application (STD 678) and resume. APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Chitra Chitturi at M/S L270. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
|WASS Application Developer
||564 - 792 - 1581 - 001
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSOCIATE PROGRAMMER ANALYST (SPECIALIST) $4,619.00 - $5,897.00 |
|WASS, Tax Systems and Application Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.