Title: BUSINESS TAXES ADMINISTRATOR III, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $7,453.00 - $8,628.00 Posted: 01/28/2013
Position is temporarily located in Lancaster. Under administrative direction of the Chief of Field Operations (Sales and Use Tax Department), the Business Taxes Administrator III (BTA III), District Administrator (DA), is responsible for the administration of the sales and use tax program in the Santa Clarita District Office. The incumbent plans, organizes and directs the program through multiple subordinate supervisors. The DA must have the ability to organize for success; understands how to facilitate functional needs to achieve strategic goals; is able to make decisions and be accountable for those decisions; cooperates to achieve the Department’s mission and goals; identifies and defines the needs of the Department and District; attract appropriate candidates, evaluate, and select the most qualified; and lead and motivate staff to achieve Department and District goals. The DA is responsible various audit, compliance and administrative functions in the district including: SCOP field auditing, reception, interviewing and registration of taxpayers, cashiering, account maintenance, advisory service, collection of unpaid taxes, and other administrative activities relative to enforcing applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. The incumbent also fosters cooperation and integrates functions between audit and compliance staff. This position may require the incumbent to travel up to 15% of the time. Meeting the training requirements for this position may require overnight travel for up to five consecutive nights. Relocation expenses may be considered. The position will be temporarily assigned to the Lancaster office. In the future the position will relocate to Santa Clarita; moving expenses will not be paid for this relocation. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. The position requires the incumbent to be fingerprinted.
In addition to the Standard State Application (STD. 678), no more than a four-page double spaced typed response to the following questions must be submitted with your application:
1) Please describe your Managerial/Supervisory/Leadership experience in detail, including a description of the types of issues you have dealt with and successfully resolved.
2) Please describe your experience in managing, through multiple subordinate supervisors, the workflow of a section responsible for multiple aspects of a tax or fee program (i.e. return processing, billings, refunds, etc.).
3) Please describe your experience in leading or participating in agency-wide projects.
4) Please describe your experience with or knowledge of our Automated Compliance Management System (ACMS) capability and functionality.
5) List your experience with sales and use tax matters dealing with taxpayers, attorneys, taxpayer representatives, and the public.
6) List your experience with public speaking.
7) List your experience resolving tax collection or tax auditing situations.
Applications submitted without a completed questionnaire and application will not receive further consideration for this position.
290 - 043 - 4320 - 468
Santa Clarita District Office
Final Filing Date:
Santa Clarita District Office 450 N Street, MIC: 46 Sacramento, 95814
John Calzada (916) 319-9800
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.