FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR II, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,573.00 - $7,113.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Personnel Resources Section Manager,keeping the customer's needs in mind, demonstrates flexibility while working within the framework of laws, rules, policies and guidelines in planning and directing the activities and staff of the department's Organizational & Employee Development Services (OEDS) Unit, Health & Safety (H&S) Unit and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Demonstrates a positive attitude and a commitment to provide customers with accurate, timely and complete assistance in all areas of responsibility.The incumbent works to continually improve the value and effectiveness of services to the enterprise.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Skill to acquire the appropriate and necessary resources and manage those resources effectively to complete assigned workloads and achieve optimum outcomes.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence and other job-related documents for various audiences.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remain attentive to ideas, recognize responsibilities, and actively participate with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ability to assess and resolve conflict.
- Experience working in a Training Program.
- Experience conducting presentations to large groups of people.
- Demonstrate performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Terry Downs at M/S A-166. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- Please provide detailed examples that would describe your success concurrently managing multiple programs with diverse business objectives.
- Please include the following information as it relates to the situation(s) you describe in the supplemental application:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Manager OEDS, Health & Safety, EAP
||564 - 186 - 4357 - 001
|Personnel Resources Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.