FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: TAX TECHNICIAN, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $2,495.00 - $3,426.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Filing Services Bureau is searching for talented individuals to join our team. Under the direction of a Customer Service Supervisor, you provide technical assistance in a call center environment. This includes responding to telephone and written inquiries from customers or their representatives. You will effectively communicate with others and conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. You will actively work towards creating a strong team environment. Successful candidates will work in a call center environment and must possess the ability to deal with difficult or irate contacts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Working knowledge and experience in Personal Income Tax (PIT) and Business Entities (BE) laws and procedures.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Taxpayer Information System (TI), Business Entities Tax System (BETS), Accounts Receivable Collection System (ARCS) and dependent systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively deal with the public and establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to respond to customer contacts for 8 hours per day.
- Willingness to adjust work schedule to meet operational needs.
- Strong organizational and multi tasking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Marina Del Toro-Castellanos at M/S F-220. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- Taking ownership of your job may necessitate persistence or dedication to team results, especially when faced with obstacles or distractions. Tell about a time in which you were able to be persistent in order to reach team goals.
- What was the situation?
- Who was impacted?
- What factors or variables did you consider?
- What did you do?
- How did you evaluate your options?
- What was the outcome?
- Please provide an individual’s name and phone number who can verify the information.
|Customer Service Representative
||564 - 725 - 7505 - 001
|Filing Services Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.