FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL)
Salary: $2,817.00 - $4,446.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator I, the incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of analytical administrative functions that include responsiblities relating to Facilities, Travel, Training, Procurement, Contracts and PC Coordination. Primary responsibilities will include divisional level Facilities and Travel/Training liaison tasks with a focus on strong organizational, multi-tasking and customer service skills.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge and understanding of Audit’s organizational structure, processes, responsibilities, and business needs
- Familiarity with departmental Facilities, Travel, Training, Procurement, and IT related processes
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize varying assignments
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to interpret data, identify alternatives, and draw sound conclusions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with staff at all levels
- Experience working productively in both an independent and team setting
- Detail oriented and ability to proceed from general directions, strong initiative
- Excellent work habits and attendance
- Proficiency with Outlook and Microsoft Word/Excel
- Working knowledge of ASPEN
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with various departmental representatives and stakeholders
- Working knowledge of CALaters
- Working knowledge of statewide travel rules and policies as well as travel overtime rules and calculation processes
- Good time management skills; self-motivated
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be one page, using 12-point font, (either Arial or Times New Roman) 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Michelle Guillen at M/S F-350. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- The Administrative Analyst position requires a high degree of initiative, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize varying assignments. Describe your experience providing excellent customer service while managing multiple workloads with differing deadlines.
- How did you prioritize the workload?
- What were the challenges?
- What was the outcome?
||564 - 399 - 5157 - 003
|Audit Budget & Administration
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.