FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL)
Salary: $2,817.00 - $4,446.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator I, the incumbent oversees the Audit Division travel and training budget and related activities acting as a liaison with Employee Development Services (EDS) and Audit staff to coordinate vendor training and manage training funds. The incumbent reconciles costs against the divisional budget, working closely with vendors and Fiscal, to ensure invoices are accurate, researches and resolves problems, and coordinates departmental training for central and field office staff. Other duties include managing divisional training records in ASPEN, developing and maintaining divisional training calendars, supporting in-house training efforts (such as the Job Knowledge Transfer team), and managing the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) SharePoint site. The incumbent will also advise staff regarding travel rules and processes for calculate travel overtime as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of Audit Division’s organizational structure, mission and responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability developing alternatives and drawing sound conclusions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience providing customer service in a busy, multi-faceted environment
- Well developed organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work effectively in both an independent and team setting
- Detail oriented and ability to proceed independently from general directions
- Experience prioritizing and multi-tasking a wide variety of assignments
- Excellent work habits and attendance
- Self motivated
- Proficiency with Outlook and Microsoft Word/Excel
- Working knowledge of ASPEN
- Experience coordinating large scale group events
- Knowledge of CALaters
- Familiarity with departmental budget and fiscal processes
- Knowledge of travel rules, policies, and understanding of the calculation processes
- Good time management skills and self motivated
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be one page, using 12-point font, (either Arial or Times New Roman) 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Michelle Guillen at M/S F-350. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Position may become permanent.
- Describe your work experience analyzing and tracking multiple types of data, managing associated records, and developing/maintaining a related budget.
- What specific activities were you responsible for?
- What steps did you take to organize and reconcile the information you managed?
|Travel and Training Analyst
||564 - 399 - 5157 - 001
|Audit Budget & Administration
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.