Title: EDUCATION RESEARCH AND EVALUATION CONSULTANT Salary: $5,724.00 - $6,954.00 Posted: 01/24/2013
DUTIES: Under direction from the Education Administrator I of the Assessment, Evaluation, and Support Unit and the Associate Director and Director of the Special Education Division, and working cooperatively with program units and supervisors throughout the Department, the Education Research and Evaluation Consultant performs professional educational research, evaluation, and assessment assignments.
• Conduct research and analysis of both performance and compliance data; design and run complex data reports using Excel, ACCESS, and SAS software
• Work with Assessment and Accountability Branch, Data Management Division, and Technology Services Division to secure information to be used in completing the State Performance Plan, the Annual Performance Report, Section 618 Data Collection, submission of data through Ed Facts, and ad hoc reports
• Consult with local school district, county, and Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) administrators on data, accountability, monitoring, and correction
• Provide technical assistance to SELPAs, districts, and county offices of education on issues related to federal compliance determinations
• Develop and make presentations to educators, administrators, or parent organizations at local, regional, state, or national conferences, and other organizations requesting state-level representation
• Ability to use a computer and related software
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to do complex research, evaluation, and assessment on educational and compliance data
• Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations
WHO MAY APPLY:
Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to class listed above (e.g. transfer, list, reinstatement) may apply. An individual who possesses a master’s or doctorate degree must attach a copy of that document to their application. Employment provision as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration’s State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will interviewed. Please reference unit/pc# on the application.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
Special Education Division
Assessment, Evaluation, and Support Unit
1430 N Street, Suite 2401
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attn: Markie Harvey-Thomas
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: February 14, 2013
174 - 663 - 2643 -
Final Filing Date:
Special Education Division 1430 N Street, Suite 2401 Sacramento, CA 95814
Markie Harvey-Thomas 916-327-3506
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.