Working under the direct supervision of the Administrator of the Language Policy and Leadership Office, the Office Technician (Typing) will carry out the following duties:
• Type, edit, and format written documents, including memos, letters, reports, and manuals.
• Compose correspondence.
• Schedule appointments.
• Assist with conference planning.
• Review documents for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Work with the Administrator to respond to communications and maintain calendars.
• Maintain filing systems.
• Order supplies.
• Prepare duplicating and mailing requisitions.
• Operate office equipment, such as fax and copier.
• Answer telephones and greet visitors; take messages and/or direct calls/visitors to other staff as necessary.
• Respond to requests for information regarding English learners.
• Prepare and distribute materials to the field and other organizations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, reliability, and punctuality
• Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrate a positive attitude toward job assignments
WHO MAY APPLY: Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement), may apply. All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form (Std 678). Employment provisions as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration's State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. The individual selected for this position may be required to present a valid typing certificate prior to appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
Carlos Rivera, Administrator
Language Policy and Leadership Office
1430 N Street, Suite 2204
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: February 14, 2013
174 - 645 - 1139 -
Final Filing Date:
Language Policy and Leadership Office 1430 N Street, Suite 2204 Sacramento, CA 95814
Elena Fajardo, Administrator 916-319-0247
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.