FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Filing Enforcement (FE) Section Manager, the incumbent plans and directs the day-to-day activities of the Integrated Nonfiler Compliance Liaison Team by providing guidance on system and program procedures as well as INC training development, review and delivery to enterprise participants. The team consists of technical experts knowledgeable in PIT and BE tax administration, the use of enterprise legacy applications, and third party data sources that aid in the validation of nonfiler accounts or resolution of FE account issues. The incumbent also assists in the development and administration of the section’s budget, annual business planning and goal setting processes while performing analyses of income patterns, trends and new third party resources to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the nonfiler program.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to create an environment of trust.
- Ability to effectively plans, organizes, and manages multiple workloads, priorities and deliverable timelines.
- Experience working with staff in analytical functions and processes strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to think creatively and implement innovative work methods and process changes.
- Ability to identify and manage business improvement changes, including technology solutions.
- Ability to gather information, analyzes problems, develop and evaluate alternatives and risks, determine a course of action and implement a plan.
- Ability to analyze administrative policies, organizational procedures, practices, and situations and make effective business decisions.
- Ability to adapt to changing workloads, priorities and deadlines.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, all interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Christine Sexton, M/S F-180. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- Describe a situation in which you identified a problem and evaluated the alternatives to make a recommendation or decision. Include the steps you took to arrive at your solution or decision.
- Please include the following information as it relates to the situation you describe in the supplemental application:
- Employer name
- Your position/title
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
||564 - 765 - 4358 - 001
|Filing Enforcement Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.