FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ASSOCIATE TAX AUDITOR, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $4,619.00 - $5,897.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator II, Tax Forms Development & Distribution unit, the incumbents will develop and update the department’s tax forms, schedules, instructions, booklets, and publications used to file tax returns. You analyze state and federal tax legislation, regulations, court decisions, and related tax issues to determine impacts to the tax forms. You interpret and explain these impacts in terms that are clear and understandable. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the tax forms and instructions meet their needs. You also work with departmental reviewers and on special projects related to major tax form changes. In addition, you provide support for developing tax forms products in alternative formats including web-based forms and e-file applications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Audit or related experience working with a variety of complex tax issues.
- Knowledge of state and federal legislative process to evaluate legislative proposals.
- Familiarity and experience working with tax forms, schedules, and publications.
- Broad knowledge of the department's programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in preparing income tax returns.
- Enjoys working both independently and cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to a changing environment and changing priorities.
- Highly motivated self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Leander Jones, Jr. at M/S F-284. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- The Tax Form Analyst’s responsibility is to perform technical law analysis of complex and sensititve issues for the purpose of developing tax forms and instructions taking into consideration deparmental needs and taxpayers’ filing impacts. Provide an example of your technical experience that demonstrates your knowledge in evaluating legislation for program areas throughout the department.
- When answering the supplemental statement, also include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
|Tax Forms Analyst
||564 - 723 - 4361 - 001
|Tax Forms Development & Distribution Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
|Leander Jones, Jr.
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.