Title: BUSINESS TAXES ADMINISTRATOR I, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00 Posted: 01/16/2013
All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Under general direction of the Business Taxes Administrator II (Group B Supervisor) of the Return Analysis Unit (RAU), the Business Taxes Administrator I (Supervisor) supervises and manages a staff responsible for performing the vital day-to-day operational functions associated with the billing, analysis, delinquency maintenance, desk audit and return processing activities of the RAU.
• Provides general direction to the E-Services Team. This team is responsible for oversight of all aspects of electronic payments. Aspects include, but are not limited to payment maintenance, EFT helpline oversight, and account maintenance, including banking changes.
• Ensures compliance with BOE tax laws through a staff performing desk audits and compliance reviews of periodic returns and payments.
• Interprets and applies provisions of the laws and rules administered by the BOE and the policies developed by the BOE to the billing, analysis, delinquency maintenance, desk audit and return processing activities of the RAU .
• Participates in the development and interpreting tax auditing and compliance procedures within the unit.
• Performs special assignments and other job-related duties as assigned. Candidate must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
The position is located in a high-rise building.
290 - 481 - 4335 - 008
Return Analysis Unit
Final Filing Date:
Return Analysis Unit 450 N Street, MIC:35 Sacramento, 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.