The Department of State Hospitals – Atascadero is a secure public sector hospital providing inpatient forensic services for mentally ill adult males who are court committed throughout the State of California. Located on the family friendly central coast of California, the Department of State Hospitals – Atascadero is in the vicinity of destination locations such as San Luis Obispo, Cambria and Morro Bay, with easy access to beautiful beaches, serene natural settings and many historical landmarks. The Department of State Hospitals – Atascadero offers great benefit options, competing salary wages and advancement opportunities for our employees. We invite you to join our professional and talented workforce by applying for the vacancy listed.
For more information about the Department of State Hospitals – Atascadero, click here.
***Applicants are required to include a copy of their unofficial transcripts or copy of their diploma with their STD. 678 Application. Only applications that provide the required documentation and meet the requirements for the position will be considered***
The Psychologist will be directed by the Chief Psychologist and/or delegated Senior Psychologist, Supervisor in the Psychology department. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
• Completing an Admission Psychological Assessment (APA) to further delineate and clarify psychiatric and psychological diagnoses.
• Conducting intellectual and cognitive assessments of all patients when clinically indicated.
• Conducting psychological assessments.
• Responsible for creating and monitoring behavioral interventions.
• Providing timely feedback to the patient, the results of psychological assessments and evaluations and completing appropriate documentation of this interaction.
• Delivering treatment services.
• Performing treatment team duties.
• If a qualified licensed Psychologist, providing clinical supervision to pre-doctoral interns and unlicensed professionals as requested by the Chief Psychologist.
To obtain a copy of the duty statement for this vacancy, please contact the Department of State Hospitals – Atascadero Employment Office at the phone number listed below.
Applicants will be screened and only the most competitive will be considered.
In order to be considered for this job vacancy, you must satisfy one of the following requirements:
1. Successfully complete the competitive State civil service exam pertaining to the vacancy,
2. Have current employment with the State of California in the same classification or in a classification that is comparable (employees who wish to be considered based on transfer eligibility must meet the minimum qualifications of the classification per DPA Rule 250) or
3. Have obtained previous employment with the State of California in the same classification or in a classification that is comparable.
If applicable, you may be required to provide copies of your Training and Development Assignment or out-of-class experience (approved and documented in your department's personnel office), unofficial college transcripts or a copy of your college diploma.
*Appointment may be subject to SROA/Surplus restrictions.
*Minimum qualifications will be verified prior to being interviewed and/or appointment.
Please complete and submit a Standard State 678 Application (STD. 678) to the following address by the final filing date:
Department of State Hospitals – Atascadero
P.O. Box 7005
Atascadero, CA 93423
Applications postmarked on the final filing date will be accepted.
Applications must reference the job title, indicate the basis of eligibility in the Explanations section (i.e. transfer, list eligibility, reinstatement, reemployment, etc.) and include an original signature with the date signed. Scanned, copied or faxed applications will not be accepted.
455 - 011 - 9873 - xxx
Atascadero State Hospital
SAN Luis OBISPO
Final Filing Date:
Employment Office P.O. Box 7005 Atascadero, CA 93423
Atascadero State Hospital (805) 468-3384
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.