DGS is subject to the Personal Leave Program 2012 (PLP 2012). The salary reduction from the base salary rates above is 4.62% effective July 1, 2012 for 12 consecutive pay periods.
If interested in this Intermittent- 12 month Limited Term position, please submit a completed employment application, STD. 678, and résumé to the above address. Specify RPA #5281 and state your eligibility (e.g. lateral transfer, list eligible etc.) on the application. Applications received without this information will not be considered for review nor will e-mail applications. If you require receipt confirmation, please send by return receipt through the US Postal Service.
SELECTION CRITERIA - -
• Please submit a completed State Application (STD 678) and resume to the address above.
• SROA/Surplus, Reemployment employees are encouraged to apply.
• Transfer, reinstatements, or recruitment from another eligibility list may be considered. Consideration may be given to applicant on another department’s employment list provided the criteria are met to transfer the eligibility from the employment list to DGS’s employment list.
• Out of class assignments may be considered.
• Training and development assignments may be considered for this position.
• Application will be evaluated based on eligibility and desirable qualification and interviews may be scheduled.
To request a copy of the complete duty statement, please contact Karen Doran, Personnel Liaison, at
(916) 376-1662 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and one can be faxed or e-mailed to you.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OVERVIEW
Government Code sections 16378 and 16379 establishes the Motor Vehicle Insurance Account. State Administrative Manual Section 2420 requires the Office of Risk & Insurance Management to administer the State Motor Vehicle Liability Self-Insurance Program (VELSIP), which provides unlimited self-insured liability coverage for the state, agencies, and employees who operate covered self-propelled land vehicles on state business (California Vehicle Code Sections 17000 and 17001). Additionally, in order to protect the assets of the State of California, and in accordance with Government Code Section 11007.7 and State Contract Manual Sections 3.12 and 7.4, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Inputs written information into an electronic system;
• Takes telephone reports of accidents from state employees and potential claimants.
• Prepares necessary documentation and refers issues requiring further investigation to appropriate staff.
• Proofs raw data submitted and verifies accuracy of existing data in various fields for all systems and spreadsheets;
• Retrieves information and generates reports for use by unit staff.
• Maintains an organized filing system for electronic and hardcopy files, including creating files, filing information in the files, retrieving information from the files and purging files in accordance with a records retention policy.
• Processes billings for both units.
• Performs word processing duties including typing documents, making changes to draft documents, proofreading documents, finalizing correspondence for review and signature.
• Prepares new templates for use by unit staff and maintains templates in accordance with departmental correspondence guidelines.
• Greet and assist customers, answer telephones; route calls to staff and refer calls to adjusters or other DGS staff when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Perform clerical work, including ability to spell correctly;
• Use good English
• Operate various office machines;
• Follow oral and written directions;
• Evaluate situations accurately and take effective action;
• Read and write English at the level required for successful job performance;
• Open to other ideas and solutions
• Insurance or claims experience is desirable but not mandatory
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Knowledge of modern office methods, supplies and equipment;
• Knowledge of business English and correspondence;
• Knowledge of principles of effective writing
• Team player
• Receives and follows direction from supervisors
• Maintains required job schedule
• Detail oriented
• Follows work rules
• Writes and speaks in a clear and concise manner
WORK ENVIORNMENT, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL ABILITIES
• Works in a professional office environment.
• Effectively handles stress and meets deadlines.
• Uses a computer in performing work.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.