FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the supervision of the Departmental Resources Oversight & Financial Performance Section Administrator III, the incumbents will supervise staff functions and personally perform complex and sensitive work related to the FTB Activity Based Costing and workload analysis and consultative services to senior management. The incumbent must also serve as the subject matter expert with FTB financial performance, cost allocations and work activity analysis. The incumbent must also possess skills to develop staff and provide direction and leadership resolve difficult technical resource problems, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, communicate and write effectively, and analyze situations accurately and develop an effective course of action.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Ability to analyze accounting and budget reports such as CalStars, Governors budget documents, work activity /cost allocation reports and identify issues
- Knowledge of governmental budget principles, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting practices
- Strong analytical, writing, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels
- Strong emphasis on management and organization skills, with the ability to oversee multiple workloads, respond to changing priorities, and meet quick timeframes
- Strong leadership and staff development skills to motivate and mentor
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff and management department wide
- Extensive experience with the department’s internal financial resource planning/schedule 3 process
- Understanding of the department’s cost allocation practices
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Excel
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing all of the following items:
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your complete response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12 point font, 1 –inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statements:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Marco Esquivel at M/S A-363. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. Allocation is currently pending department approval.
- Describe your accounting, budgetary or financial work experience. What specific activities did you perform? For whom did you perform the specific activities?
- Describe the extent of your experience as a supervisor or lead?
- When answering each supplemental statement, also include:
- Employer name
- Your position/title
- How long you held the position
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Administrator, Departmental Resources
||564 - 552 - 4358 - 001
|Departmental Resources Oversight & Financial Performance
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.