FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: COMPLIANCE REPRESENTATIVE, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $3,106.00 - $4,670.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the close supervision of the Administrator I, and the technical direction of a lead person, you will be primarily responsible for applying the Revenue and Taxation Code, administrative regulations, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Personal Income Tax laws. You will work to maximize the collection of revenue by encouraging tax-filing compliance, provide telephone customer service and review and respond to correspondence on FAN cases. Work with various areas of the department on FAN compliance issues such as legal.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of Personal Income Tax (PIT) laws, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and/or experience using FTB systems such as TI, ARCS, DMV, Lexis, INC, BOE, PAWS
- Knowledge of Professional Audit System Section (PASS)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to shift priorities and/or workloads to meet operational needs
- Ability to utilize good judgment, and take effective actions
- Patience, excellent attendance, and a team player
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Word and Excel
- Knowledge of FAN methods and tactics
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written page in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
- The FAN unit is responsible for reviewing returns and various types of correspondence. This requires the specialist to exercise good judgment in making a determination. Describe a situation in which you analyzed facts and drew a conclusion. What steps did you go through to reach the conclusion? In your response, include:
- How you identified the issue
- What steps you took to resolve the issue
- How you supported your conclusion
- The outcome of your conclusion
- For each statement above, include the following:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: LaJena Jordan at M/S A-454. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
- Years of experience
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title
- Supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Frivolous Activity Non Filer (FAN) Specialist
||564 - 622 - 8619 - 001
|ARM Special Programs Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.