FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ASSOCIATE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $4,400.00 - $5,348.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of an Administrator I, the analyst is responsible for performing quality customer service, administrative and evaluative support for the programs administered by the Filing Division, Filing Services Bureau (FSB), Correspondence, Analysis, Support and Education Section (CASES). The analyst’s in this position will work in a team environment and independently on the development and maintenance of the RACK, online customer service resource for our internal and external customers with the critical information needed to comply with California tax law. The analyst may be assigned to bureau, division and/or enterprise-wide teams and projects related to the analysis and support of the department’s major systems and projects that have direct impact on the Taxpayer Services Center Section including call center specific technology related projects. The analyst performs a variety of management support duties for the Bureau Director, Section Managers and the program management team. The analyst conducts the more complex analytical studies; prepares written reports; provides detailed recommendations to management and ensures that the approved solutions meet requirements and are implemented. Preparation of various documents and reports requires the analyst to be detail oriented and produce accurate results.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and creative problem-solving skills for effective interaction with business partners and technical staff.
- Ability to work in a team and independently within a fast paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Good work ethic, positive attitude, and strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively present ideas and information both orally and in writing.
- Self-Motivated, Enthusiastic, Responsible, Customer service focus, and a good sense of humor.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and design/publication software (Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio, Power Point, etc)
- Knowledgeable to Genesys (Softphone,CME,CCpulse), HTML, Dreamweaver
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Sonya Lynn Lopez at M/S F-283. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
- As a member of the Filing Services Bureau/Associate Operations Specialists spend much of their time analyzing data and statistics, identifying trends and explaining variances, developing projections, creating Excel spreadsheets, writing reports and/or issue papers, and proposing recommendations to management. Describe a task or project that you worked on that best demonstrates your ability to analyze data and statistics and formulate projections and/or a recommendation, including:
- The scope and size of the task/project you worked on
- Your role and responsibility for the task/project
- The final outcome of the task/project
- Please include the following information with your response:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- Length of time you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name and telephone number who can verify the information
|System Support and Technology Analyst/RACK Administrator
||564 - 728 - 5334 - 001
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL) $2,817.00 - $4,446.00 |
|Correspondence, Analysis, Support and Education Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
|Sonya Lynn Lopez
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.