FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST)
Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,466.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general supervision of the Systems Software Specialist III (Sup), the incumbent works collaboratively with customers and the development team to gather, analyze, and write clear and complete system requirements and related documentation, facilitates customer communication throughout the system development life cycle, and participates on information technology projects of complex nature. All work is performed within the framework of FTB’s mission and values and in accordance with policies and general procedures, and is focused on improving the efficiency of FTB’s business programs through automation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative, multitask, handle changing priorities, meet critical deadlines, and use tact and good judgment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and produce completed staff work quickly and accurately
- Knowledge of system analysis and design methodologies, including object oriented analysis and agile development
- Ability to identify, define, and write/document clear and complete system requirements in a variety of formats
- Experience working with human resource business lines and related rules, regulations, and external control agencies
- Experience creating deliverables such as use cases, data dictionaries, class diagrams, wireframes, and entity diagrams
- Experience conducting business process analysis as well as system testing principles and style sheet development
- Knowledge of/experience with System Development Life Cycle methodologies (including iterative and evolutionary)
- Experience working on large IT projects and working with Microsoft software tools (Word, Excel, Visio, and Project)
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental questions:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Spencer Forslund at M/S L-240. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
- Describe your experience with user interface design and/or the creation of cascading style sheets.
- Describe your experience conducting business process analysis and/or business process reengineering.
- Describe your experience creating business analysis and system design deliverables such as use cases, data dictionaries, class diagrams, wireframes, and entity diagrams.
- For each question, provide the following detail:
- What was the situation?
- What did you do?
- What factors did you consider?
- What was the result?
||564 - 793 - 1312 - 001
|Administrative Systems Modernization Team - IWAS
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.