the direction of the DPS Commander, the Office Technician (Typing) is
responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Answers, screens, and routes all incoming telephone calls
- Gives general information and receives deliveries of mail and supplies
- Manages quarterly supply requisitions and inventory
- Miscellaneous typing assignments (Data entry, form completion,
- Processing/managing: Attendance Reports, Travel Expense Claims, Constitutional
Officer Billing Logs, Subpoena Tracking, and updating Personnel Files
- Maintains standard Operating Procedures
- Performs other duties and job functions as needed
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work as team player
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, and dependability
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Good working knowledge of departmental policy/procedures
- Strong computer skills with all standard California Highway Patrol
Programs and Microsoft Programs
Persons currently in the classification eligible to transfer, lateral
transfers, voluntary demotions, reinstatements, those eligible for appointment
from a certification list, and employees on a SROA list or designated surplus.
All applicants will be considered; only the most qualified will be interviewed.
Interested individuals should submit a STD 678, Examination/Employment
Application (Rev. 06/10), and the Criminal Record Supplemental Questionnaire to
the address below. Please indicate your eligibility in the Explanation Box of
the application. SROA/Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their letter.
The STD. 678 may be accessed through the CalHR website: www.calhr.ca.gov.
Please include a copy of this notice with your application.