FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Pass Through Entities (PTE) Bureau is looking for a motivated individual to oversee the activities of the Estate & Trust (E&T) Audit Group located in Central Office. The successful candidate plans, organizes, and directs the work of a team of auditors that conduct examinations of Estate & Trust Taxpayers and their related entities. The successful candidate will review and monitor the work from this group to ensure accuracy and consistency with tax laws and audit policies and procedures, and provide timely feedback. The successful candidate is also expected to work collaboratively with their manager and peer superivsors to foster a positive environment and to ensure operational goals are met.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Strong organizational, planning, and management skills;
- Analytical skills to effectively resolve adminstrative and technical business issues;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff and management;
- Ability to create and maintain a positive, productive, and creative work environment that engages employees;
- Strong leadership and staff development skills to motivate, mentor and build a team working environment;
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing;
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
- A completed standard state application (std 678)
- Three professional references and their telephone numbers
- Supplemental Application (see below)
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Michelle Kuphaldt at M/S F-320. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
- Describe your work experience related to income tax administration and/or tax auditing functions.
- Include specific activities you performed
- State for whom you performed the specific activities.
- When answering the supplemental statement, include your employer name, your position/title, how long you held the position and a supervisor’s name who can verify the information.
|E&T Audit Supervisor
||564 - 341 - 4358 - 001
|PTE Audit Central Office
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.