FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator II, incumbent manages the most complex return processing workloads for Amended and Combined Returns within the Business Entities Support Unit. Incumbent plans, organizes, and directs work through subordinates, setting workload priorities based on operational demands. The Complex Processing Manager promotes a positive environment that motivates and engages staff. The Complex Processing Manager seeks relevant information from staff, colleagues and managers and works with others to identify inefficiences and implement new ideas to improve and streamline complex situations, as well as leads them through the change with excitement.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Develops and applies the appropriate communication style to a wide range of situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative working relationships with others at all levels.
- Ability to gather information, analyze problems, develop and evaluate alternatives and risks, determine a course of action and implement a plan.
- Ability to anticipate the impact of change and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to embrace changes and successfully lead difficult change efforts.
- Ability to operate job related equipment including the use of basic computer programs and systems related to the job.
- Knowledge of the BES processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective techniques and strategies to motivate staff and ensure high levels of job performance.
- Involvement in diverse activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrates performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Susan Larson at M/S F-130. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
- Provide an example of a situation in which you managed or led a team in which you were able to create a high morale, high productivity work group.
- What was the situation?
- What did you do?
- What factors did you consider when developing your approach?
- What was the results?
- For each question, also include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
|Manager, Complex Processing
||564 - 760 - 4358 - 001
|Business Entities Support Unit
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.