FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator II, Assistant Section Manager, Taxpayer Services Center Section (TSCS), and as a member of the section’s management team, your primary responsibilities include directing the activities of up to five public service teams through subordinate supervisors. Personal characteristics of an Administrator I, FTB, include being professional, fair, positive and honest. As part of the TSCS management team, your most significant responsibility includes directing day-to-day call center activities to make sure service levels and quality performance measures are efficiently and effectively maintained so operational goals and objectives are met. You promote a positive environment and set a good example for subordinate supervisors and employees by being courteous, conscientious and professional to customers and co-workers. Your excellent work habits include great attendance and effective use of time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Call center supervisory/lead experience
- Knowledge of/experience working with call center management tools e.g. CCPulse, Workforce Management, Virtual Hold
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Good leadership skills including the ability to engage, develop and mentor staff
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to think and work out of the box
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment while keeping an enterprise perspective and demonstrating initiative, ownership, accountability and independence
- Knowledge of the departmental organization and functions
- Experience working with staff in analytical functions
- Ability to facilitate change and be a proactive change agent
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, being trusting and supportive
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, all interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Laurie Bufano at M/S F-225. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview.
- Provide a specific example of your ability to encourage positive working relationships and create high job satisfaction and employee success.
- What was the situation?
- What did you do?
- Who was affected?
- What was the result?
- For each question, also include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
|Agent Operations – Group Manager
||564 - 725 - 4358 - 003
|Taxpayer Services Center Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.