FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR III, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $6,779.00 - $7,847.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The EDR Project’s new functionality is made up of a series of business rules and processes that need to be managed in order to meet the needs of the project’s revenue goals. Under the direction of the EDR Business Director, the incumbent is responsible for creating a new section to develop and implement enterprise-wide/program-wide standards, processes, procedures and practices to facilitate business process documentation, analysis, enhancement and enforcement to ensure the FTB organization can maximize the new functionality being delivered by the EDR Project. The BPM Manager will manage a staff of analysts that will work with the various Business and Process Owners throughout the department to implement BPM standards and management processes to ensure that our business processes align with our enterprise strategic goals and maintain a focus on continuous process improvement.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Ability to develop and implement tactical and operational plans and lead the organization (i.e. unit, section etc) in achieving its goals.
- Skill to analyze and organize information to meet organizational needs and desired outcomes.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles and business trends.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternatives.
- Ability to gain and maintain the confidence of others to promote morale and improve working relationships with staff, peers and others.
- Skill to negotiate mutually acceptable solutions.
- Skill to recognize and implement opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Knowledge of the operation of the FTB programs and how they relate and support each other.
- Experience implementing a Business Process Management (BPM) methodology.
- Leadership experience (including managing a variety of processes and classifications).
- Ability to understand technology impacts to business areas.
- FTB experience working in more than one division.
- Experience working on a large project meeting critical deadlines.
- Business Process Reengineering (BPR) experience.
- Change management experience.
- Public speaking/presentation experience.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Marlene White at M/S L-283. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- Describe a situation when you had to vary your communication approach according to the audience that you were addressing and the type of information you were sharing.
- What was the situation?
- What did you do?
- What factors did you consider when developing your communication approach?
- What was the result?
- For each question, also include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
|Business Process Management (BPM) Section Manager
||564 - 781 - 4352 - 001
|Tax Systems Modernization Bureau - EDR
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.