The Ombudsman supports and advises the Chairman of the impacts of Air Resources Board (ARB) policies on CA businesses, implements legal requirements for stakeholder engagement, compliance assistance, and education, identifies and resolves problems, and manages the ARB’s visiting dignitary program.
Under supervision of the Ombudsman, the Staff Services Analyst will be responsible for applying business practices to research, tabulate, and analyze data from call centers, Internet, and other sources in the areas where business/CARB regulation and related policy intersect. The incumbent will serve as the primary contact for the visiting dignitary program and for the maintenance of the Ombudsman website. The incumbent will receive, research, and respond to inquiries from the Ombudsman website and phone lines. Additionally, the Staff Services Analyst will provide computer technology assistance to the department. This position will require excellent human relations and problem solving skills, discretion, and the ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure while maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude. As a member of the Ombudsman team, the incumbent will be required to maintain current knowledge of ARB policies and regulatory practices and will be called upon to perform other duties as required.
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member and demonstrate personal accountability for producing professional and timely work products.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in written form, and using appropriate e-mail and Internet protocol with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience performing web-based research and knowledge of web-based data bases.
- Experience with Windows operating systems and other computer programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Small business and/or environmental regulatory knowledge and experience.
- A track record of increasing responsibility and initiative.
- An interest in providing excellent customer service.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to gain and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of stakeholders.
- Dependable and good attendance.
- Familiarity with ARB, Cal/EPA, US EPA or local air district programs is a plus.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applicants will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. This vacancy may be subject to SROA/Surplus provisions. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their surplus letter with a completed standard State application (STD 678). On page one of your State application you must clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility: list appointment, transfer, SROA, surplus, re-employment, or reinstatement.
If interested, please submit a completed standard State application (STD 678) and any other relevant documents (e.g. unofficial transcript, copy of degrees, resume, etc.) to the attention of Jennette Bronner at the address indicated below.
|Staff Services Analyst
||673 - 030 - 5157 - xxx
|Final Filing Date:
|Chairs Office/Office of the Ombudsman
1001 I Street, 24th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814