Under the direction of the Assistant Chief, Human Resources (HR) Branch, the Transactions Manager is responsible for directing and managing professional and semi-professional staff in the areas of Payroll and Benefits, California Leave Accounting System (CLAS) administration, Worker's Compensation (WC), Return to Work (RTW), Non-Industrial Disability Insurance (NDI)/California State Disability Insurance (SDI), transactions functions and serves as the primary contact and super-user for California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA)’s hierarchy for the implementation of the State Controller’s Office (SCO), 21st Century Project, a fully-integrated Human Resources Management System (HRMS)/Payroll System. The incumbent serves as the working level supervisor responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of a busy Transactions Office, demonstrates strong technical knowledge of personnel transactions, hires and trains new staff, provides excellent customer service to internal and external clients; organizes and monitors staff resources and develops implementation plans to effectively respond to workload fluctuations. The incumbent will also ensure compliance with the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR), the State Personnel Board (SPB), the State Controller's Office (SCO), Air Resources Board (ARB) policies and procedures, and other related personnel laws, rules and/or regulations. Timely identify staff training needs and/or training opportunities for improved performance and job satisfaction; evaluates the training needs of new and existing staff that encourages personal development; reviews and develops procedures for process improvements; encourages team work and personal accountability; ability to respond or draft inquiries to and from control agencies.
- Ability to develop new ideas and encourage teamwork and personal accountability to promote sound personnel management practices.
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience in the State's Personnel Agency that include a clear understanding of all aspects of personnel transactions, leave accounting, position control, employee pay and benefits, WC, disability programs, departmental policies and procedures, etc.
- Ability to use sound judgment when formulating presentations or giving feedback.
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize sensitive and complex workload, as well as work under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to gain and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Familiarity with ARB and Cal/EPA programs.
- Dependable and good attendance.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applicants will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. This vacancy may be subject to SROA/Surplus provisions. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their surplus letter with a completed standard State application (STD 678). On page one of your State application you must clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility: list appointment, transfer, SROA, surplus, re-employment, or reinstatement.
If interested, please submit a completed standard State application (STD 678) and any other relevant documents (e.g. unofficial transcript, copy of degrees, resume, etc.) to the attention of Cathy Nystrom at the address indicated below.
|Staff Services Manager I
||673 - 823 - 4800 - xxx
|Final Filing Date:
|Administrative Services Division
1001 I Street - 20th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814